27 October 2008

A Day in the Park

Even though the seasons are progressing and, in some areas, it might be a little too cold, I still offer my highest recommendation to go to the park. About a month ago, my wife and I went. The breeze was cooling and the sun was warming, it was the dual sensations I think that made it so enjoyable. Almost as if the sun and the breeze are competing against each other, but unknowingly complementing each other.

We were there for only a short while, but we sat, read, laughed, and talked about what we were reading, the rapidly approaching baby, or simply the fact that it was a very wise decision to come out that day. There was no agenda and nothing we had to race back for. We simply enjoyed ourselves and, when we were ready, packed everything up and headed home.

So today's post is not deep, but rather and exhortation. Get out, enjoy yourself, and leave your watch at home.

Soaking Up the Sun, Pinkerton Park, Franklin, TN

1 comment:

Katherine Michael said...

I love this picture of Jo! She is very photogenic in candid photos. Not something I can say for myself. Precious post as well.