21 September 2008

Lights in the Evening

This entry is not going to be very poetic or introspective, but simply an explanation of one of my photos. I took this at night in our apartment complex when we lived in Dallas, TX. I enjoy nighttime settings for a couple reasons. 1) Not as many people are out and therefore, you have a little more freedom to set up a shot and not have to worry about someone walking into the frame. 2) You can do long exposures do to the limited amount of light. 3) There are different lights you can work with, all of which provide a different feel to the image. Flood lights, street lights, house lights, stars, the moon, etc.

In the photo of the tree, the last reason I just wrote really comes into play. In this image there are two different types of flood lights (fluorescent and incandescent), the lights in the sky from Dallas, and also a few apartment lights. When I took the image, I really wasn't sure how well all the lights would come together, but I liked the tree and just gave it a long exposure. Photography is simply the manipulation of light, so if there is ample light, you might as well see how it comes together.

The Complex at Night, Dallas, TX
18mm, f/8, 15 sec

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Truly an amazing page. I like what you've got in here. thanks for the share. Totally interesting indeed. thanks!
Apartments For sale in Bannerghatta Road South Bangalore
2 BHK Apartments in Banaswadi