29 August 2008

Looking Out My Window

If anyone reading this has ever traveled to Colorado, you will admit, as I do, that it is a beautiful state. So while vacationing in Estes Park with my family, one of the main things I enjoyed was the scenery. The towering mountains against a blue sky with a forest at their base. It is majestic to say the least. I was also pleased with the location of our cabin. It sat just outside of the busy area of Estes Park up on a hill so that it was away from the noise and above the lights of the town.

Our days were usually packed full activity. So naturally at the end of each day, I would crawl into bed and enjoy the comfort of a good night's sleep and a soft mattress. It wasn't until about the third night that I looked out my window at the starry scene. It was incredible, a starry sky set against dark mountains with a few lights emitting from the houses below. It was as if someone had make the scene to fit the window. So from that night on, I would, if nothing else, glance out my window before nodding off to sleep.

I didn't realize this until later, but I had subconsciously sectioned off when the good views and and landscapes would be. I guess I thought it was only when we were out and about. I had almost forgotten that the beauty was right outside my window the whole time.

The Sky Through My Window, Estes Park, CO
Nikkor DX 18-70mm, 18mm, f/3.5, 30 sec

1 comment:

Katherine Michael said...

Wow, I really like this photo. I kinda want a print of it. Is that possible?? Do you think you could hook that up since we live together? Haha.